Thursday, August 21, 2008

surprise lilies.























photo from the backyard of my house.


well i've almost made it through my first week of kindergarten. i am happy to say that i have tied more shoes, sang more songs, and had potty duty more times this week than in my whole life. but when you see these kids, it's totally worth it. seeing these kid's minds start turning and seeing them start to understand rules, writing, and math is amazing. AND throw in more than a few HILARIOUS stories, and you've got a great week.

the school that i work at is amazing. it is one of the most diverse schools in the city, and it is so neat to see all of the kids play together. five-year-olds are so free, running with whomever they are near, no matter if they are black or white or hispanic. i just pray that these kids can hold their freedom as they grow up and suddenly realize they are different. but for now i am full of hope for these kids' futures, and that somehow Love can penetrate through me into these kids and they will know how much they're worth.

as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return to it without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
it will not return to me empty
but will accomplish what i desire
and achieve the purpose for which i sent it.
[isaiah 55:10-11]

amen.