Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a mom for christmas.

steamed egg nog. who woulda thought? such a delicious treat. i miss going to coffee shops to see people i know working. thank goodness my brother is employed at homer's and can supply me with his free drink coupons.

so i used to watch this movie when i was little called a mom for christmas. it stars olivia newton john (but like i cared when i was seven). this movie was SO GOOD. we recorded it on VHS and i watched it so much the tape wore out. gradually as i got older, i forgot about the movie and the magic it held until LAST YEAR they played it on abc family. oh heavenly day! i got to rekindle my love for this mannequin-come-to-life movie. and usually childhood movies turn into one huge disappointment when you watch them again (i.e. the never ending story), but a mom for christmas just got better with age.

tonight while remembering my love once again for this movie, i decided to look it up online to buy for super cheap, just like the hanson christmas cd i bought for $.75.

the cheapest price was $40. FORTY DOLLARS. are you serious? half.com, ebay, amazon - nothing less than two andrew jacksons + shipping. i was so upset. how can they do this to me.

on top of that it's not coming on abc family this year. what will i do?

so i am begging you, if anyone out there owns a mom for christmas, please tell me. and let me have it. it will be the best thing you could get me. sort of.