Tuesday, May 6, 2008

i don't cry or vomit.

so i know i posted less than twenty four hours ago, but i feel i have some blog worthy events that have happened. and i just don't want to study for music. (my teacher is an enjoyment sucker. she has made me actually appreciate music less than when i started the class).

first let me just tell you that i am not okay with throwing up. anyone. anywhere. i've thrown up once since age four (when i created my taste aversion to hot dogs) and i cannot stand to see anything, even my cat, throw up.

SO today, i went to the park with the little boy i babysit for, and he made some cute littlefriends who all wanted to tire swing. one little girl, jill, was particularly good at knowing how to get the tire to spin just right. it was pretty intense, even i had to look away because i was getting dizzy. so this went on for a while, and then pierce tells me he needs off. okay, that's fine let's go swing or something. no. he gets off and puts his hands over his mouth and looks reeeeally alarmed. he tells me he feels really sick, so my eyes bolt for a trash can. i see one and run him over to it, praying that he doesn't A) throw up in the sand or B) throw up on me. so we make it to the trash can, which was gross enough to make even well people feel sick. i am trying to make him feel calm, trying to get him to breathe - but inside i am PANICKING thinking "if he goes, i go."
praise God because a few awful noises that ended in only a spit (sorry), we were in the grass looking for four leaf clovers. but man i felt bad for the kid. he was scared and ashamed. i was relieved.


secondly, another thing i would like you to know about me is that i do not cry at movies. and especially at chick flicks. however, a while ago i saw p.s. i love you in the theaters and i was a WRECK. like loud sobs. i even got home and was STILL crying. i thought maybe i was emotional for some other reason and just used the movie as a vessel or something.

so the movie came out today, and i think my main reason for wanting to see it again was to see if it would affect me the same. i've been really happy lately, nothing too heavy on my plate, so i was feeling good. and i actually made it pretty far into the movie with only a couple of tears.
but man. there was a point when the flood gates just opened and i was gone. my throat was tired from keeping my sobs in.
as a psychology major, i would like to get to the bottom of this, understand why i am SO attached to this movie, and why it affects me so deeply. food for thought. first bat i would say it would be my attraction to the wonderful irish man, but that's just a quick guess.

okay, i ask you:
1. do you have any awesome barfing stories?
and/or
2. what movie affects you deeply (but seemingly usually wouldn't?)