Thursday, June 5, 2008

it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah.

the Lord is faithful.
He has brought me to this new place where literally every step is in the dark,
but he doesn't let me fall.
He just keeps asking me to take another step.
Sometimes I stand there long enough to realize how in blind i am
and i get really nervous and refuse to move unless i hear his voice.
and he faithfully vocalizes every time, even though he doesn't have to.

i've been learning what it means to serve. actually serve.
with a truly humble heart knowing that these people are absolutely no different than me, but somehow they just have been dealt some bad luck.

kansas city has meant something different to me in this past week and a half than it has in my whole life, and it's so good.
i am confident i am where the Lord would have me,
and i think my eyes are getting adjusted to this blind following, and i am seeing Him more and more everyday.

so let go, let go. jump in.

_______________________________________________

You cause my heart to sing, You are always listening
You understand my dreams, You do

You cut away my lies, You see through my disguise
You are not so far away from me, as i thought You’d be

You love me as I am, even when I cannot stand
You whisper in my ear all the things I need to hear
from You

You are a mystery, You bring strong men to their knees
You change the hearts of kings, You do

You have names for all Your stars
You heal my wounds and kiss my scars
You sing a million songs over me