Wednesday, July 16, 2008

european vacation.


today i am leaving for ireland & amsterdam. this is such a strange trip for me because a) i haven't had time for it to settle in that i am actually going and b) i know next to nothing about either place.

all i know is that i am so ready to learn the cultures. to know how these people live, what they're like, and to embrace it. (which clearly means i will be experiencing fine beer, but NOT participating in what amsterdam is famous for...just to clear that up).

my hope is that i am not another tourist (which will be almost impossible) but a person going into a place to find it's rhythm, what makes it tick. i want to meet people, hear their stories, and love them.

i am entering into a season of my life where I crave knowledge. any and all kinds, but what i have been learning most is what God has to teach me. i have recently become overwhelmed with my lack of theological knowledge, and i was feeling inadequate to say the least. i felt like i had nothing to offer to anyone because i was unsure of my facts. however, that is not what God intended my quest for knowledge to be.
He has breathed so much affirmation into my life in the past week it's incredible. He has been telling me the way He has made me is special, and that He does not expect anything from me than what He has made me for. He has delegated His people to be different, but all part of the same body.
i am learning to not get caught up in what i'm not, but to really grow into what i am. and it is GOOD. and hey, i'm learning more than i think i am.

so here i go, on a journey across the sea. i am so thankful that i get to do things like this, and i pray that i can make the most of it.
and also meet glen hansard. or the guy from p.s. i love you

tanks & cheers.