Sunday, July 6, 2008

welcome to july.

if july goes by half as fast as june did, it'll be august tomorrow.
i don't think that made any sense, but you na whatta mean.

i just got home from the lake and have a great sunburn to prove it.
and sore muscles, but that isn't very visible proof.
unless you see me try to walk after sitting for a while.

lately i've been really tired of being alone.
i think it is some void that i'm not letting God fill.
but i am becoming a sappy romantic for no reason.
we'll see how that goes.

i love reading Rilke's poems. if you haven't i suggest you do.
here is one of my favorites:

God speaks to each of us as he makes us
then walks us silently out of the night.

These are the words we dimly hear:

You, sent out beyond your recall,
go to the limits of your longing.
Embody me.

Flare up like flame
and make big shadows I can move in.

Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
Just keep going. No feeling is final.
Don't let yourself lose me.

Nearby is a country they call life,
you will know it by its seriousness.

Give me your hand.


AMEN.