Monday, August 11, 2008

amurica.

so i love the olympics. it doesn't matter if it is swimming, gymnastics, water polo, you name it i watch it. it has become the background to my home life. however it was in the forefront of my night last night when the men's relay kicked france's (little cuss). my roommates and i actually jumped up and down about it. and michael phelps screamed like a barbarian.

today i started my NEW job. hi it is great. i am at comanche elementary school, home of the buffaloes. i've already been made fun of by the principal*, so that's pretty cool i guess. we talked a lot about the test scores and how much diversity in the scores there is between the different ethnicities. my job is going to be helping these children who are at a disadvantage learn better, and hopefully show them that they have worth and that they are important and loved. AND set up sweet bulletin boards.

lastly i ate an apple today, and this is what the core looked like:









there was a yucky that i ate around, and then i ended up with a hilarious core. well hilarious to me.




*i remember this is the correct spelling because the principal is your PAL.